Introducing Elder Dillon Riding's blog. We hope to post all the emails that Elder Riding will be sending to us, and all the pictures that he takes. We are looking forward to the adventures that he will have.

Monday, March 27, 2017

I'm gonna miss California a lot!

This week was a really good week!
My visa has arrived! I'll be heading to Australia April 10th im way excited!

I'm gonna miss California a lot though.  I've learned so much here it's crazy.  At first it was really hard, but as soon as I made the choice to just do the work, forget about everything and just focus on the Lord and His work, everything started going better, everything started to fall into place and it was really cool.

I had a really cool experience this week. I was given to opportunity to give a blessing to a big Tongan. He injured his knee and he is a police officer. If he couldn't go to work, he couldn't provide for his family. So he asked me to give him a blessing. At first, I was scared because I still don't really know what I'm doing. As I began, the spirit guided me through it and it turned out really good.

I also had another really weird thing happen to me this week. As we were walking back to our car we passed this scary looking guy and I said, "good evening," just to be nice and he started swearing at me and flipping me off and stuff and we just kept walking then he turned around and pulled his pants down and mooned us... like seriously? We just laughed it off.

The family that was suppose to come to church this week couldn't come sadly,  because they both
had work. We talked to them and they said they will come next Sunday,  so let's hope they come.

I'm sad to leave California, but Australia should be fun too.

Love, Elder Riding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about Elder Riding's Email