Introducing Elder Dillon Riding's blog. We hope to post all the emails that Elder Riding will be sending to us, and all the pictures that he takes. We are looking forward to the adventures that he will have.

Monday, May 8, 2017

These past couple of weeks have been great!

These past couple of weeks have been great! We talk to so many people every day. we are street contacting and door knocking for 5 hours a day, almost every day, and it is truly amazing to see the people that the Lord has put in our path to share the gospel with. We recently met this guy while we were street contacting. He told us that he was in a serious car accident and he had a lot of brain damage he had to relearn everything. he had to learn how to walk, talk, write, etc. literally everything but now 8 years later he is almost back to 100% and he told us that he knows that he couldn't have done it without God. and his story is really cool. we are teaching him and he has accepted to be baptized.

This mission is truly amazing. there are so many different cultures here in Adelaide. People from all over the world come here. In our area, we contact people from India and China and they speak very little English but that makes it really fun. They are all very nice people and very accepting to the gospel. The main religion for Indian people here is Hindu and most of the Chinese don’t believe in God. I love teaching them about the restored gospel and about how we have a prophet on the earth today to lead and guide us back to our Heavenly Father if we have faith and follow the commandments.

Yesterday we had zone conference from 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM it was a really long meeting it was really good though. we got trained on how to be better missionaries and how to contact people better. We got fed lunch and dinner so that was good, we also got flu shots. I shared my testimony 3 times throughout the day and I cried every time because the spirit is so strong and I am learning so much and there is no other place that I would rather be than serving the Lord. I am grateful for this gospel in my life and all the joy it brings. With God on my side, I can do anything. I’m thankful for all the support and examples that I have in my life. I know this church is true.

I’m loving my mission and my testimony is growing so much here.
I love you all I hope you all have an amazing week.


Love
Elder Riding


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about Elder Riding's Email